Wednesday, August 22, 2012

WOMEN OF STEEL

Ann Stafford, Sarah Steelman and Barbara Fairchild
Ann Stafford and I hosted a Town Hall Meeting for Sarah Steelman when she was running for the U.S. Senate.  It was an amazing time for all three of us.  These are two very smart and powerful women.  I learned so much from them in a short period of time.  We talked about doing more of these meetings.  Even though Sarah didn't win in the primary she has so much knowledge to share and I believe God had a reason to bring us together.  We are friends and we love Our Country.


We have been talking since the Town Hall about concerns we have.  So here we go;

All of this talk about "The War On Women" is getting on my nerves.  These women do not speak for all women.  They sure don't speak for me.  I think we need to come together and be heard too.  They get lots of attention because they speak up.  So come on ladies it's time we let our voices be heard too!  I want to here what you care about.  We work hard, we are busy raising our children and running our businesses and the thousands of things we women do in our daily lives.  But, we need get involved, so join us WOMEN OF STEEL!!!!

I am pro-life and I have three wonderful children and two beautiful step-daughters.  We have ten grand children and two more precious step grandchildren I haven't met yet.  I can't imagine my life without any of them.  So often I hear women in the media today talk like women are missing out on something when they have chosen to stay home and raise their children instead of pursuing a career.  There's no higher calling for a woman than to raise her children.  Two of our daughters have chosen to be stay at home moms.  They both gave up great jobs and wonderful careers in order to dedicate their lives raising their children.  And there is no doubt the kids have benefited from their choice.

I have had a great career in Country Music since I was sixteen years old.  I continue entertaining with my husband Roy Morris and we have a ministry together.  We are very active in many charities.  I sure understand when people have to work out of necessity or by choice, that is up to them.  They should not be looked down on whatever they decide to do. We realize in each of our lives in today's society there is a tremendous demand on each of us. I think you all deserve a metal.

So here is what I'm asking you to do:  Share this with your friends on your social media networks, email it to your email list and let's get our voices out there.  Then we will send it to people with influence who need to know we are out here and need to be heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment